Francis Hall

Where Aggie Constructors are Created

Francis Hall is the first stand alone facility in the State of Texas dedicated to construction education.  The opportunity to renovate a building that is dedicated solely to the Department of Construction Science symbolizes the notable excellence of the program and helps to increase the number and quality of students.

Situated in the middle of campus, adjacent to the Sterling E. Evans Library, Francis Hall was built in 1918 to house veterinary studies.  When the building became vacant, the department recognized an opportunity to increase student enrollment as well as a chance to provide a high quality learning environment for construction science majors.  The building includes a state of the art BIM Cave, a safety lab, a student lounge, a conference/bid room, and exposed mechanical, electrical, and structural systems that make the building a virtual learning laboratory.  

Also included is a state-of-the-art auditorium and several classrooms.  Space for student competition teams and student chapters provides our student leaders with opportunities to excel in competitions throughout the nation and improve leadership and management skills. 

The department moved into Francis Hall in late 2014 and opened its doors for the first time to its 984 excited students on January 20, 2015.

Francis Hall Ribbon Cutting & Open House

“Construction is one of the largest industries in Texas and Texas A&M is home to the largest, most influential construction science department in the state.  It's fitting and deeply satisfying that Francis Hall is Texas’ first stand-alone education and research facility devoted completely to the discipline."

Joe Horlen

Joe Horlen '73

Department Head