Skip to main content

Admissions Information

All students in the undergraduate and graduate program must first be admitted to Texas A&M University. Acceptance into Texas A&M University does not guarantee acceptance into the Department of Construction Science.

To learn more about the application process and apply to Texas A&M University, visit the University Admissions website.

Click on the video below to see why Robert Van Cleave, Chairman and CEO of Balfour Beatty hires our students.


Degree seeking applicants without college credit or whose only college credit was received prior to high school graduation should apply as a freshman. The planning and construction of the world's buildings and cities involve varied professional skills. Through the Department of Construction Science students understand and challenge the physical, social, economic and political forces that shape our environment.


Transfer students who meet the University entrance requirements and who desire to major in construction management, may be admitted based on available space and current College of Architecture entrance criteria. Transfer students will be admitted with a lower-level classification and may apply for upper-level status after at least one semester or summer at Texas A&M University.

Prospective students wishing to transfer to Texas A&M University should visit the following university sponsored event page. 

- Transfer Information Day

Change of Major

Students currently enrolled in another major at Texas A&M University with fewer than 60 hours who desire to change their major field of study into construction science must initiate a change of curriculum request starting ten business days after final grades post and ending on the 20th day of the semester. The department will admit the best qualified applicants based on the number of spaces available.

Check application deadlines on the academic calendar.

Change of Major Steps

  1. Log in to your Howdy Portal
  2. Select the My Record tab
  3. Scroll down to the Change of Major Request module
  4. Select Submit or View Change Request


Students who wish to pursue a Masters or Doctoral degree must submit an application and meet the requirements set forth by Texas A&M University, the Office of Graduate Studies, and the Department of Construction Science.