Skip to main content
Change of Major

Academic Advising

Current Students

Academic Advisors are located in the College of Architecture's Office of Student Services.  Students are ultimately responsible for the choices they make in college, however, the University realizes that in order to make informed decisions, students need the mentoring and advice of academic advisors and others in the University community. The student's academic advisor is the primary resource regarding academic issues.

It's extremely important for students to visit with their advisor regarding prerequisites and other course requirements that may affect their progress toward graduation.  Therefore, it's recommended that students seek advice from their advisor at least once per semester.

Meet with an Advisor

Our advisors are available to current and prospective College of Architecture students by appointment. Appointments must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.

Schedule an Appointment



Degree Plans

All students are placed on the current catalog when they enter the Department of Construction Science. Students must complete all of the requirements for their specific catalog.

Current Degree Plan: Degree Plan 143 ('20-'21)

Past Degree Plans:

Upper Level Application

Before a student may take COSC upper level classes (300 and 400 level classes), the student must complete and submit an Upper Level Application, make an upper-level advising appointment, ensure all requirements are completed as outlined by the student's advisor, and be admitted to upper level. 

Upper Level Application Form Due Dates

Change of Major Application

Students currently enrolled in another major at Texas A&M University with fewer than 60 hours who desire to change their major field of study into construction science must initiate a change of curriculum request starting ten business days after final grades post and ending on the 20th day of the semester.  The department will admit the best qualified applicants based on the number of spaces available. 

Check application deadlines on the academic calendar.

Change of Major Steps

  1. Log into your Howdy Portal
  2. Select the My Record tab
  3. Scroll down to the Change of Major Request module
  4. Select Submit or View Change Request